Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Chili

1 T olive oil
2 T butter/margarine
2 lbs chicken breast, boiled and chopped
1 large onion diced (I used 1/2 of a VERY large Vidalia)
1/2 bell pepper diced
3 stalks celery diced (my guys don't like the texture so I buy celery that has lots of leaves and chop the leaves and only a small amount of celery stalk instead. I do the same thing in cornbread dressing.)
4 cloves garlic diced
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
hot wing sauce to taste ( I used 1/2 - 3/4 bottle)
3 T smoked paprika
2 T chili powder
1 T cumin
salt to taste

Cook veggies til tender in olive oil and butter/margarine. Add all other ingredients and simmer desired length of time. I served this with plenty of blue cheese crumbles, Tostito Scoops, and extra wing sauce and hot sauce on the side for those who like more heat!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm planning on making this for Sunday lunch! I'm trying to feature a recipe on my blog every Wednesday. Do you mind if I include this one with a link to your blog in a future post?

    ReplyDelete